How to Apply Mascara - Applying Mascara Application Tips
To apply mascara effectively, coat the upper and lower surfaces of the lashes. Tilt your head down and look down intothe mirror. Draw the wand across the top surface of your upper lashes. Then tilt your head up, lookup into the mirror and coat your lashes from the root to the tip.
It is important that mascara is used on an individual only to avoid transferring eye infections and if it causes even the slightest irritation in the eye, it must be immediately discarded.
Apply mascara to all of the upper lashes from one corner of the eye to the other, but sometimes this method may look too strong.
There are two basic types of cosmetic mascara: waterproof and regular. Regular mascara is easier to remove at the end of the day but to remove waterproof, you need an eye make up remover. Then, looking straight into the mirror apply the mascara lightly to the bottom lashes, first with one horizontal stroke from the inner to the outer corner of the eye and then with short vertical strokes from root to tip. Switch off the fans while applying mascara, as the air will dry it up. Wait for each coat to dry before applying the next. Less mascara is used on the lower lashes and extra color should be blotted off using the tissue paper. Usually women opt for more than one coat of the mascara, which combs the lashes too so that they do not look stuck together.
Tips for applying eye mascara:
- Thin and short brush is best as it is easier to control and gets to the corner of the eye easily. It is also advisable to powder the under-eye area before applying mascara to avoid smudging.
- Never curl your eyelashes after applying mascara because they can stick to the pad on curler.
- Contact lens wearer should use waterproof mascara's formula as there is minimum chance of any flakes getting into the eyes.
- Always remove mascara before going to bed. This will keep lashes healthier
- To apply mascara, place your finger about mid-lid or on your eyebrow and pull up in order to hold your lid taut.
- Use an eyelash comb to separate the wet lashes base, wiggling the brush & then comb the mascara to the tips of your lashes. Not into the lash comb? Get rid of clumbs without them by removing excess mascara from the wand.
- Basic mascara rules are simple: Black works for everyone but blondes. Blondes should opt for brown/black by day & reserve black for night. Blue mascara, however, can brighten blue eyes, purple mascara can make brown eyes pop.
TIP TO REMOVE MASCARA
Mascara must be removed very carefully to avoid damaging the delicate skin around the eyes. Try removing the final traces of mascara with a cotton bud dipped in cleanser.
When you removing the mascara avoid the colour from going onto the delicate area below the bottom lashes and close your eyes.